Chemcoaters (Gary, IN) has introduced InterCoat ChemGuard, a new type of corrosion protection for galvanized steel. InterCoat ChemGuard uses a new type of coating technology that uses covalent bonds and enhances the effectiveness of zinc and improves corrosion protection on galvanized steel (view photos in gallery). Features include:
- Reaction with the zinc to form a permanent, covalent bond on the surface of the metal.
- Product is applied over a light layer of zinc, which reacts with the zinc to dramatically improve its corrosion protection properties.
- A molecular level bond that can’t be washed or worn off.
- Allows bending, stamping, post-painting and even shearing, while providing self-healing characteristics that help protect newly exposed zinc that naturally occurs during secondary processing.
- RoHS compliance.
- A low coefficient of friction.
- Designed to be applied on the galvanize line or, for custom formulas, by the original coil coater and developer of this unique compound.
- Applicability in automotive, aerospace, construction, electrical conduit, wall studs, furniture, fixtures, appliances, outdoor and highway railing, agricultural, lawn and garden and other products using galvanize.
For more information, visit www.lowerzinc.com.