LUMIFLON fluoroethylene vinyl ether (FEVE) resins from AGC Chemicals Americas (Exton, PA) help aerospace manufacturers create durable coatings for aircraft in a range of colors and glosses that can reduce lifecycle costs, according to the company. Addition features include:
- The ability to protect military and commercial aircraft from degradation by UV light, wind, rain, chemicals and corrosion.
- A lifespan of up to five times that of acrylic urethanes, according to the company.
- Reduced maintenance costs by up to 50% over the life of the plane — reduced the loss of revenue during scheduled repainting, as well.
- No repainting for at >8 years, maintaining appearance and a durable surface that allows for cleaning.
- The ability to formulate coatings from matte finishes to high gloss.
- Clear resins, which makes them compatible with a range of pigments and colors.
- Availability in high solids solvent grades and also in solid resins for the production of low-VOC and HAPS-free coatings.
- The ability to be cured at room temperature or at elevated temperatures.
- No heat curing, so topcoats can be applied in the factory or in the field.
For more information, visit www.agcchem.com.