Multiple workers have been sent to the hospital after a carbon monoxide leak at the Carlton Farms pork and beef facility in Carlton, Oregon.
Workers were evacuated after a boiler malfunction reportedly caused the problem.
Carbon monoxide was detected in the HVAC system and 17 workers received treatment for exposure.
The plant was shut down and all non-exposed workers were sent home.
Eleven people were sent to the hospital to treat headaches, nausea and vomiting, but none were in serious condition.
In a statement, Carlton Farms said "our thought(s) and prayers are with our teammates who were injured/became sickened due to a carbon monoxide leak."
The company is working with emergency personnel to make sure the area is safe to reenter to investigate the leak.
Founded in 1956, Carlton Farms is a family-owned company that makes all-natural, artisan fresh pork, smoked pork, and beef products.