Metal additive manufacturing provides a number of benefits over traditional manufacturing including:
- The ability to create parts and structures that are impossible to manufacture with traditional methods — parts with intricate internal structures, or complex organic shapes for example.
- Building replacement parts on-demand.
- Creation of new and novel materials.
ANSYS offers the most complete and powerful AM simulation solution, allowing users to simulate the entire AM process and determine the best machine, part set-up, and material configuration before physically having to print anything, thus greatly reducing, and potentially eliminating physical trial and error.
These new tools help customers work through the entire additive manufacturing process chain, including topological optimization, part validation, build setup, support generation, build failure prevention, microstructure prediction and more.
Even a single print failure of a metal part can cost thousands of dollars and cause a company to miss production targets. ANSYS’ stand-alone solution, ANSYS Additive Print - developed specifically for machine operators and designers - dramatically reduces failures and trial-and-error for powder bed metal additive manufacturing processes.
The ANSYS Additive Manufacturing Suite includes a number of powerful tools:
- Topology & Lattice Optimization for weight reduction and lattice density optimization.
- SpaceClaim with its faceted data tools to repair and clean up STL files, modify designs, and compare designs with scan data.
- Workbench Additive – a print process simulation tool for ANSYS Mechanical users.
- Additive Print - for predicting part shape, distortion and stress, as well as optimal support structures and distortion compensation.
- Additive Science – a powerful solution for design investigation of materials and optimal machine parameters.
For more information, visit www.ansys.com/additive.