On Monday, a leak in a gas industrial heater sent an entire staff to the hospital at SYT USA in Hutchinson, Kansas.
The small company, which manufactures fiberglass and composite parts, employs between 20 to 25 people. According to KAKE in Kansas, the heater leak spread carbon monoxide through the business, and while none of the workers passed out, they were all put on a bus and transported to the hospital as a precaution.
According to The Hutchinson News, SYT USA CEO Alex Birkenfeldt said that employees knew that something was wrong around midday when they started complaining of headaches. The employees opened some large side doors, but still found themselves evacuated and at the hospital later that day after firefighters confirmed that the carbon monoxide levels were high.
The gas heater has been shut down and no other injuries have been reported.
This is IEN Now with David Mantey.