Master Bond (Hackensack, NJ) announces the EP62-1AO, a two-part epoxy adhesive and sealant with an exceptionally long working life of 12-14 hours at ambient temperature for a 100 gram mass. This makes it beneficial when bonding and sealing large or intricate parts that may need ample time for mixing and applying. Specifically:
- This material has a high strength profile with a tensile modulus of 600,000 to 650,000 psi and a tensile strength of 5,000 to 6,000 psi.
- The service temperature range is -60°F to +450°F and it offers a glass transition temperature of 120-125°C.
- EP62-1AO is both electrically insulating and thermally conductive.
- Its chemical resistance profile is robust, especially when compared to other thermally conductive epoxies. It can withstand a wide range of acids, bases and solvents.
- EP62-1AO has a low coefficient of thermal expansion of 18-21 x 10-6 in/in/°C.