Phoenix Contact’s (Middletown, PA) FAME 3 Test System (Fast and Modular Energy) can complete complex switching operations in a single procedure. The touch-safe testing system features ring-lug terminal connections, preferred by U.S. electric power companies. Additional features include:
- A pluggable system for testing and system maintenance for low- and medium-voltage switchgear.
- 2 primary components: a base test unit with ring-lug terminal points, and a removable handle that facilitates test operation.
- Circuits wired to the back of the base unit, inside the cabinet.
- A modular base unit that accommodates between 4 and 25 positions and can be configured for 10- or 14-positions.
- Base unit matches existing door cutouts, making it suitable for retrofits.
- A handle with safety test leads and adapters that plugs into the base test unit for protection, metering, and control of hazardous circuits.
- Blind plugs to prevent unintended access — clear covers can be added.
- A touch-safe design with an automatic current transformer (CT) short-circuit function.
- A patented twist grip to ensure a safe test process.
- A line of accessories for wire jumpering, marking, and test adapters.
For more information, visit http://www.phoenixcontact.com, or call 800-322-3225.