Echelon (Santa Clara, CA) recently unveiled their SmartServer IoT platform to help manufacturers simplify and enhance their existing industrial IoT networks and connections with cloud-based analytics and AI applications. Features of the open platform include:
- The ability to combine the routing of existing and emerging device connectivity protocols with customized, Linux-based applications.
- Modern web APIs and an IoT-friendly distributed intelligence architecture.
- Supports popular IIoT protocols such as LonWorks, BACnet, Modbus and M-Bus along with IT-centric connectivity technologies such as Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
- Up to 10 times faster with more than 50 times the memory of the previous generation platform (SmartServer 2).
- Designed for both OEMs and system integrators in the IIoT space.
- No proprietary or unsupported vendor interoperability issues.