ABB (Cary, NC) offers their CE-certified Ability Smart Sensor to obtain condition monitoring health checks for low voltage motors. Additional features include:
- The ability to access motor data via a smartphone or dedicated web portal.
- According to the company, predictive analytics from the solution can reduce downtime by up to 70 percent, extend motor lifetimes by 30 percent and cut energy consumption by up to 10 percent.
- The sensor modules can be factory-fitted on new motors or retrofitted on installed motors.
- They are also compatible with non-ABB motors.
- Monitoring functionality can cover bearing health, vibration, surface temperature, speed, supply frequency and the number of starts. Later releases will expand to include energy consumption.