Advanced Micro Controls Inc. (AMCI; Terryville, CT) has released the NR60 series of networked absolute rotary shaft encoders. These rotary sensors provide an overall measuring range of 16 bits (single-turn resolution) plus 14 bits (number of revolutions), or 30 bits total. With both singleturn and multi-turn versions available, AMCI’s networked encoders are ready for any application. The AMCI NR60 networked encoders are 100% compatible with Allen-Bradley, Siemens and Schneider PLCs that support EtherNet/IP or Modbus TCP/IP. Features of the NR60 Networked Absolute Rotary Shaft Encoder include:
- Built-in EtherNet/IP & Modbus interface.
- Embedded switch.
- EtherNet/IP offers DLR (Device Level Ring).
- Single-turn resolution up to 16 bit.
- Multi-turn resolution up to 30 bit.
- IP67 Ingress Protection Rating.
- Solid shaft and hub shaft versions
The ODVA compliant NR60 Ethernet Encoders are offered in a 60mm diameter package, and are available with either flange or servo mounting styles.