Eden output signal-switching device (OSSD) safety sensors, new from ABB Jokab Safety Products (Memphis, TN), enable multiple sensors to be wired in series to any standard safety relay without compromising the level of safety.
Consisting of two separate devices – Adam, for signal output, and Eva, for signal input – the Eden OSSD safety sensor is an interlocking device for gates, hatches and doors. Features include:
- The ability to stop or interrupt machinery when entry or proximity is a hazard.
- Electro-sensitivity, which typically responds to changes in an optical field on or near machinery.
- The ability to connect up to 30 sensors in series without reducing the achieved performance level.
- Solid-state technology with no moving parts, which eliminates the cost and potential danger of using mechanically keyed interlock safety switches and non-contact magnetic safety switches.
- Performance Level (PL) e, Safety Category 4, in accordance with ISO/IEC 31010:2009 Risk Management – Risk Assessment Techniques.
- IP69K rated.
- Meets coding requirements pursuant to EN ISO 14119:2013 regarding manipulation protection
- Availability in 4 models:
- Adam OSSD- Info M12-8, with information output and inputs for cascade connection.
- Adam OSSD-Reset M12-8, with built-in monitored reset, indication lamp output and inputs for cascade connection.
- Adam OSSD-Info M12-5, with information output.
- Adam OSSD-Reset M12-5, with built-in monitored reset and indication lamp output.
- The Eva unit is available in two models:
- Eva General Code, which are all coded alike.
- Eva Unique Code, which all have a different and unique code.
For more information, visit http://new.abb.com/low-voltage/products/safety-products/safety-sensors-switches-and-locks/eden.