Every year, same-level slips, trips and falls send five million people to the emergency room — costing American businesses nearly $11 billion in direct costs, according to the 2017 Liberty Mutual Workplace Safety Index. To help remedy the problem, New Pig (Tipton, PA) has introduced PIG Slips, Trips and Falls Online Training for Beginner or Intermediate level trainees. The 26-minute video is broken into short modules lasting 1 to 3 minutes each and features original content presented in easy-to-understand ways. State-of-the-art 3D animation demonstrates real-world tactics that apply to everyday workplace applications, and the program automatically adapts to play on any computer, projector, tablet or smartphone regardless of connection speed. Designed to keep workers awake and involved for high retention and on-the-job action, topics covered include the following:
- Differences between slips, trips and falls.
- Common causes and prevention.
- Tips for walking on slippery surfaces and stairs.
- Proper procedures for the use of ladders.
- Steps to take to resolve hazards after identification.
- First aid for slip, trip and fall injuries.
In addition, quizzes engage users as they work toward their certificate of completion - one certificate per user license.