AutomationDirect (Cumming, GA) has teamed with ASO GmbH which provides ASO Safety Solution products, such as safety edges, mats and specialized safety relays. Safety mats and edges are used to protect people and machinery from harm. A full range of sizes and lengths of mats and edges are in stock for immediate shipment. AutomationDirect now offers:
- Safety mats that detect the presence of personnel on horizontal surfaces (usually the floor). Additional features include:
- A wide horizontal detection area for personnel.
- A safety function triggered when a person steps on the mat.
- Tapered or straight edge styles allow configuration flexibility.
- Safety edges can be used on any surface, usually near possible crushing or shearing points and are touch-sensitive devices that detect presence at possible danger points. Additional features include:
- A safety function triggered when a person or object contacts the edge.
- Installation near automatic gates and other machinery to protect individuals from bodily harm or machinery from damage.
- A specialized safety relay module used to wire both mats and edges for fail-safe triggering of the intended safety function.
- Safety mats are cULus rated and safety edges are cURus compliant. Both mats and edges are CE-, RoHs-, and Reach-compliant.
For more information, visit www.automationdirect.com/safety-mats-edges.