New from Wanner Engineering, Inc. (Minneapolis, MN), the Hydra-Cell Metering Solutions model MT8 triplex metering pump is designed to handle a variety of processing fluids at low flow rates and high pressures. It features a multiple-diaphragm design to provide virtually pulse-free flow without the need for pulsation dampeners. According to Wanner, the new MT8 pump exceeds API 675 performance standards for steady-state accuracy (±1%), linearity (±3%) and repeatability (±3%). Benefits include:
- Flow capacity ranges from a minimum of 0.06 gph (0.227 lph) to a maximum of 8.0 gph (30.28 lph), with discharge pressure ratings up to 3,500 psi (241 bar) depending on flow.
- An integral relief valve that protects the pump from over pressurization on the discharge side.
- The replenishment valve system in every piston, ensuring optimum actuating oil on every stroke for continuous accuracy, and protects the pump from damage in the event of a blocked suction.
- Electronic flow control, which increases accuracy and reliability while hydraulically-actuated diaphragms provide superior performance across the entire pressure range.
- The Hydra-Cell seal-less design, so there are no mechanical or dynamic seals, cups, or packing to leak, wear or replace. Current models are available in 316L Stainless Steel, Alloy 20, Hastelloy C, PVC and PVDF pump head materials options
Chemical processing applications include oil and gas (onshore and offshore), water and wastewater treatment, chemical injection, polyurethane foam, and other uses including pharmaceutical, power generation, personal care products and additive injection for a variety of plastics processing applications.