Patented u-GUARD anti-mar covers from Apex Tool Group, LLC (Dayton, OH) provide a protective barrier between genuine APEX fastener tools and the finished workpiece on a production line, delivering protection against in-system damage. Advantages include:
- Low durometer, thermoplastic urethane material that resists dents during incidental side impacts.
- The ability to absorb side impacts, and does not produce raised burrs when impacted.
- A non-removable cover to prevent tampering on the line.
- Low sustained coefficient of friction between the cover and the tool produces minimal loss of tool efficiency.
- Signature orange color, making fastener contact easier and station monitoring smoother.
- Part numbers clearly marked for ease of identification.
The product line has grown to include u-GUARD gap covers which eliminate the gap between a socket and an extension or between the right-angle power tool and a socket extension, improving operator safety.