The Mag-Neat-O, available from Conveyor Components Corp. (Croswell, MI) is a self-contained motion control that magnetically couples to the end shaft of the tail pulley and indicates when a conveyor belt has slowed or quit moving altogether. The pulse output of the Mag-Neat-O can be wired into a PLC or DCS, which can easily determine under speed, overspeed or zero speed of the conveyor. Optionally, the Mag-Neat-O can be connected to the model RMS-G (using the 2-wire sensor) or MSD-800 controller (using the 3-wire sensor), which supplies relay outputs to control up to two separate circuits, one for machinery shutdown and one for an alarm. Additionally:
- The Mag-Neat-O can shut down rotating equipment before severe damage is encountered.
- It provides protection for interlocked conveyor belts, especially if one of the belts fails due to overloading or quits due to conveyor belt tearing/separation.
- The standard construction is a chemical and impact resistant polymer material, with stainless steel internal parts.
- The main advantage of the Mag-Neat-O is that no drilling or tapping of the tail pulley shaft is required, as the unit is held in place with a strong magnetic connector on any non-driven pulley shaft.
- This compact design will fit in most places on a conveyor system.