Posidyne clutch brakes from Force Control Industries (Fairfield, OH) feature oil shear technology for rapid and precise stopping, starting, speed change and positioning, all without adjustment or maintenance. Ideal for applications with frequent start/stop cycles, such as indexing conveyors, rotary tables, batch feeders, rotary coal samplers, cutoff machines and more, these unique motion control devices allow higher cycle rates (up to 300 cycles per minute). Features include:
- Faster production rates and significantly longer service life than traditional (dry) clutch/brakes (often 5 to 10 times longer), yielding increased uptime, productivity and ROI.
- Field proven utility in diverse applications such as lumber mills, shingle plants, fiberglass insulation production, food processing, packaging, metalworking and many more.
- A design featuring low inertia cycling components, making the Posidyne clutch brake more efficient, requiring less motor horsepower to accelerate the load, and less torque to stop the load.
- A totally enclosed design that is impervious to dust, chips, chemicals, coolants, caustic wash down, weather and more, making them ideal for hostile environments.
- A multiple disc design that produces high torque from a small package. Re-circulating the fluid dissipates the heat of engagement, which is a common cause of downtime with other clutch/brake assemblies.
- An inherently explosion proof design with the addition of an explosion proof actuation valve, or locating the valve in an explosion proof cabinet.
Multiple sizes are available to suit particular applications from ½ to 350 HP (99 Lb. In. to 79,000 Lb. In.) with cooling options, control logic and mounting arrangements to simplify and speed installation.