The Nmark GCL is a closed-loop, two-axis servo driver that can control Aerotech’s (Pittsburgh, PA) AGV series scanners to yield improved settling times, long-term thermal stability, and micron-level tracking accuracy. Features include:
- Infinite field-of-view (IFOV) combines scanner and servo motion to expand the scanner working area.
- Full servo state control with "zero-tracking error" eliminates speed-related part distortion, such as necking on circles and rounding of corners.
- Position-based laser firing (PSO) with windowing maintains consistent spot spacing over a range of operating speeds.
- An external clock input for synchronization with mode-locked lasers.
- Advanced interpolation electronics to provide up to 26-bits of effective resolution.
- Onboard real-time 2D calibration for accurate beam placement over the entire field of view.
- 200 kHz servo rates.
For more information, visit www.aerotech.com.