Banner Engineering (Minneapolis, MN) introduced a new IIoT product line, Snap Signal, that captures data from nearly any industrial machine’s device and converts it to a common protocol, enabling an upgrade to Industry 4.0 and higher productivity.
Snap Signal products can:
- Be used to build a brand-agnostic IIoT platform that’s composed of modular hardware and software.
- Capture both condition and process-monitoring data from existing devices such as sensors, motor controllers and lights by using a splitter connection to monitor the signals.
When used in this way it’s called an “overlay network,” meaning signals are captured without having to disturb the existing control infrastructure, reducing both the time to deploy it, and overall risk. Data can be sent to various locations, including a cloud dashboard or SCADA system, which enables remote monitoring, or to other PLCs and HMIs.
The solution is highly scalable and allows facilities to pilot an IIoT project by monitoring just one sensing point. The Snap Signal portfolio includes:
- Signal converters
- Wireless networking
- IO-Link masters and hubs
- An industrial controller
An optional cloud data platform, Banner Cloud Data Services, is available for users who do not have a dashboard solution already in place.
Application examples include:
- Vibration Monitoring System
- Adding IIoT with Ease
- Monitor Conveyor System & Set Alerts in The Cloud
- Increase Injection Molding Productivity
- Temperature Data to The Cloud