Pilz (Canton, MI) announced the development of a comprehensive safety solution in accordance with ISO 3691-4 for an efficient flow of goods in production and logistics handled by AMRs. It consists of the safe small controller PNOZmulti 2 with new functionalities for synchronization monitoring and activation, the safety laser scanner PSENscan and the industrial firewall SecurityBridge.
- Monitoring of synchronization of axes on AMR
- Compares encoder values of two axes, enabling conclusions to be drawn about mobile platform’s direction of movement
- Safe zone switching required can be implemented dynamically in safety laser scanner PSENscan
- PSENscan can switch up to 70 protected fields using “zone selection function”
- At high speed, protection zones are larger to ensure that obstacles are detected at early stage
- At slower speeds, protection zones can be correspondingly shorter to keep downtime to minimum
- Configurations created in PSENscan Configurator can be imported and processed in navigation computer for freely navigating platform
- PSENscan provides laser beams’ distance data, for localization and navigation of mobile application
- Data transfer is via UDP (User Datagram Protocol) and can be queried via standard, open interfaces via C++-Library or ROS (Robot Operating System)
The industrial firewall SecurityBridge protects the network from manipulation and ensures that no unauthorized person can access the mobile platform’s internal IT network during operation.