Thomson Industries, Inc. (Wood Dale, IL) has added a polymer bushing to its line of state-of-the-art Ball Bushing bearings. It expands the company’s extensive bearing portfolio, providing design engineers a new option that helps them avoid overdesigning for low-load applications. Specifically:
- Thomson polymer bushing bearings provide a reliable solution for machines where moment load is non-critical (30-40 percent of linear applications) or contamination and temperature are concerns.
- These bearings are also useful for applications that require shafting that is not compatible with traditional Ball Bushings such as 316 stainless steel.
- Polymer bushing bearings can handle loads of up to 2,023 lbf (9 kN) and provide a corrosion-resistant alternative for low-load, low-speed applications.
- Available in sizes of 6 to 50 mm (closed) and 10 to 50 mm (open), Thomson polymer bushing bearings resist dust and dirt, and operate maintenance-free with reduced noise in temperatures from -58˚F to 194˚F (-50˚C to 90˚C).
- They feature an anodized aluminum adapter and are available with aluminum pillow blocks.