Nippon Pulse (Radford, PA) has introduced its smallest linear stepper motor yet, the PFL20 Linearstep. The PFL20 is a highly efficient, high thrust tin-can linear actuator with a 20mm diameter and a bipolar winding. Specifically:
- PFL20 is RoHS-compliant, has a 30/60mm effective stroke, and can reach 6 N of force at 200 pps.
- With 24 steps per revolution, the lead screw has a 1.2mm thread pitch; the PFL20 also reaches 5V rated voltage, resistance of 33 Ohms/phase and inductance of 12mH/phase.
- The simple structure of Linearstep motors – just a threaded rotor hub and lead screw – helps to save space and reduce costs, due to fewer components needed compared to systems that convert rotary motion to linear.
- Linearstep motors are also easy to control, and can be ordered with unipolar or bipolar windings and a variety of usable voltages.
- In addition to the 20mm motor size, this motor is also available in 25mm (captive or non-captive option) and 35mm diameter sizes.
Nippon Pulse’s tin-can linear actuators, including the Linearstep, are also available for customization.