The LSS-016-04-006-01A-ME from H2W Technologies (H2W; Santa Clarita, CA) is one of a new series of low profile linear stepper motor positioning stages that integrates an absolute linear encoder and a single-axis linear stepper motor stage. This enables the linear stepper motor stage to operate as a 2-phase brushless linear motor when coupled with motion control electronics provided by H2W. Operating as a brushless linear motor allows the stage to achieve speeds, accelerations and accuracies previously unachievable with a standard open loop linear stepper motor. When operated this way, the motor tends to run cooler, as it only draws current when needed to hold the desired position or make a move. Using absolute encoders removes the need to use home position sensors as the absolute position of the system will always be known, even after power is cycled, and end-of-travel limit switches provide protections against over travel situations.
- The ability to run closed loop stepper motor (with additional electronics).
- High accuracy and repeatability.
- The ability to run in horizontal or vertical orientation.
- Low profile, compact, small footprint, open type, positioning stage.
- Cable carriers to route system and payload cables.