Nexen Group, Inc. (Vadnais Heights, MN) has announced the release of the Zero-Backlash Spring Engaged (ZSE) brake family. The pneumatically-released ZSE offers high torque, high speed and zero backlash ideal for holding applications. Unlike brakes using leaf springs to transmit torque, the ZSE is zero-backlash up to 100% of its rated holding torque. Nexen has released four different sizes (450, 600, 800, 1000) for a wide variety of applications. The bore sizes are available in three standard sizes, and can be easily customized for customer needs. Highlights of the ZSE Brake include:
- Speeds up to 5,000 RPM.
- Zero-Backlash up to 100% of rated holding torque.
- Holding torque up to 300 Nm.
- Zero-Backlash integral clamp collar.
- Low inertia.
- Customizable to wide range of shaft diameters.
- Cool operation.
- Compact housing.
- Optional Smart feature for Industry 4.0 Compatibility.