Creform Corporation (Greer, SC) has fully designed, built and assembled a mobile flow rack with double angle set up. The flow rack features gravity conveyors on the load side and low friction slide pipe in the front. The flow rack is suitable for plastic returnable totes as well as cardboard boxes, and is used lineside for a picking application in a power-protection equipment manufacturer. It can also be used for warehousing. Additionally:
- The unique design and the increased angle in the slide improve visual presentation of the product for the operator.
- Each lane includes dividers, made from Creform pipe, as well as anti-back stops to prevent boxes and totes being pushed off to the wrong side.
- The rack, designed for better workflow, is built using 28 mm Creform white gray plastic coated steel pipe and black metal joints which provides flexibility and reusability for this user.
- The flow rack pictured is 52" W x 35" D x 70" T and has a load capacity rating of 1500 lb.
- The unit features six casters to allow for easy movement when cleaning or repositioning. Each caster can be locked in place when the need arises or built stationary with fixed structural feet as an option.
There are five supply levels on the rack with one return level at the top. Gravity conveyors are located evenly spaced to accommodate different sized boxes. An intermediate support beam provides for further stability of the rack. Each of the flow rack’s levels can be repositioned or the whole flow rack can be customized with only simple tools.