Bunting Magnetics Co. (Newton, KS) delivers a solution for the recycling industry with its new SSSC Stainless Steel Separation Conveyor. This machine expands the company’s reach in the ASR (Auto Shredding Residue) industry for the separation of work-hardened stainless steel as well as the purification of zurik fraction and in wire-chopping applications. The heart of the system is the patent-pending magnetic grid core design. The revolutionary configuration of high-strength neodymium magnets allows work-hardened irregularly shaped stainless steel – up to a massive 5” in size – to be attracted, held and extracted from the customer’s product recycling stream.
With the SSSC Stainless Steel Separation Conveyor, customers are promised the purest product possible in several applications, including ICW purification. In insulated copper wire (ICW) purification, the machine pulls out stainless steel shielding of chopped wire; cleaning wire from stainless steel contamination; and steel wire ends from clean copper. Bunting Magnetics Co. incorporates several design features that maximize the SSSC Stainless Steel Separation Conveyor’s functionality:
- A tough, long-lasting urethane belt with 3/16” steel sideguards to seal off and contain the flow.
- Heavy-duty 3/16” steel construction with forklift slots for easier installation.
- Custom sizes available up to 72” wide x 120” long to fit any application.
- Standard 8” magnetic pulley diameter for extreme effectiveness.
- Optional variable frequency drive to optimize separation for belt speeds between 60 and 200fpm.
- An optional splitter to separate the stainless-steel fraction and non-magnetic material.