With China proving to be one of the world’s fastest growing economies in recent years, Hengstler (Germany) has added a Chinese font set to the firmware of its eXtendo range of receipt-type printers.
Designated eXtendo XF, which comprises the X-56 and X-80 models – both of which feature a larger memory – Hengstler receipt-type printers are now ready to meet the demands of ticket vending machine OEMs serving Chinese-speaking markets. Features include:
- The GB18030 national standard master font set, which contains more than 27,000 Chinese
- The ability to incorporate the Chinese language into tickets machines found at locations such as car parks, outdoor kiosks, railway/metro stations, betting shops and ATMs.
- 4 MB of memory, with larger flash and RAM.
- Designs with both 56-mm and 80-mm widths.
- Hardware and firmware redesigns.
- No limitations on the sizes of font and bitmap images that can be uploaded.
- An integral font manager that allows customers to upload up to 10 fonts.
- The font manager is only used for licensed fonts, but users can upload licensed or open source fonts.
- The ability to service languages, such as Japanese, Korean, Hebrew or any other language containing proprietary character sets.
For more information, visit www.hengstler.com.