5ME (Cincinnati, OH) and Star SU (Hoffman Estates, IL) have signed a licensing agreement that authorizes Star SU to manufacture and market 5ME’s patented Cryogenic tooling designs for end mills, ball mills, tapered ball mills, thread mills, reamers, and drills under the brand name BlueZone Cryogenic tooling. The agreement covers sales and service in the United States, Mexico, and Canada. The multi-patented cryogenic machining process features:
- Higher cutting speeds for increased material removal rates.
- Longer tool life by transmitting liquid nitrogen at ‑321°F through the spindle/turret and tool body, directly to the cutting tool’s edge
- An environmentally-friendly machining technology that increases throughput, part quality, tool life, and profitability while reducing energy consumption.
- The elimination of traditional water-based or oil-based coolants.
- Applicability in high-speed cutting of titanium and other tough-to-cut alloys common in the aerospace, heavy equipment and energy industries.
For more information, visit http://5me.com/; or http://star-su.com.