It is difficult to safely remove press fit bearings. Cutting or grinding can be dangerous and can damage a valuable shaft. Simple 2-arm pullers risk misalignment, a chisel and hammer can do the job but again, the risk of damage is high.
The new, compact BETEX HSP self-centering pullers from Bega Special Tools (Bethpage, NY) has an integrated pump and cylinder that make it possible for a single person to use. Features include:
- The ability to use the pullers in any position, even upside down.
- An integrated pump and cylinder that save space.
- Arms that slide inwards simultaneously — the harder the force, the tighter the grip.
- The arms do not bend or deflect.
- An integral safety release valve that prevents overloading.
- Sharp jaws made of high quality steel.
- The ability to convert to a two-arm puller if necessary.
- Minimum set-up time.
- Availability in six models, ranging from 4- to 30-ton capacity.
- PE cases.
- Optional accessories, including a set of bearing splitters or trisection plates.