Siemens Industry, Inc. (Chicago, IL) introduced the 1PH8 family of high-performance induction motor drives and servomotors. Available in a wide power range, from 2.8 kW up to 1340 kW, these new motors provide dynamic response, smooth operation and low vibration levels.
A single stator and rotor design enables the modular adaptation of the many motor options to provide design flexibility and cost containment.
These induction motors have a myriad of applications in other heavy-duty markets:
- Print unit drives on printing presses
- Rolls and web handling on converting and packaging machinery
- Crane and hoist elevation
- Extruders and injection molding machines
- Metal-forming and welding machinery
- Assembly line robotic articulation
- Materials handling gantries
The modular motor platform concept offers designers options for selecting the optimum unit for an application:
- Assorted bearing designs for increased cantilever forces or increased speeds up to 20,000 rpm
- Shaft designs in a solid or hollow configuration to match the mechanical interface
- Forced-air or water-cooled models for choosing the better method to suit the job
- Induction or synchronous servomotor design for mating the right motor to the size requirements and dynamic response needs; both styles feature the same mechanical and electrical interface to simplify engineering
- Absolute or incremental encoders built-in for high-resolution feedback and enhanced motion control in high power level applications