Pilz (Canton, MI) has introduced new formats for efficient control of access permissions with its PITreader card unit. The RFID-capable PITreader card and PITreader sticker can be used in conjunction with or instead of the existing PITreader key. Machine operators can have their individual permissions on the transponder and use them to authenticate themselves on the PITreader card unit, to gain entry to a plant or machine. Companies can increase industrial security, because they control who has what permission and therefore is granted access to the process. At the same time, they also meet the requirements for functionally safe operating mode selection. Additional features include:
- RFID transponders available as freely writeable and preconfigured versions.
- A transparent window on the PITreader card enables users to still read the LED status indicator when the card is held up to it.
- The ability to be used in conjunction with other RFID-capable cards.
- The PITreader S card unit, for integrating the OPC UA standard, enabling optimum safety and connectivity.
- The ability for administrators to manage user settings, block lists and user data for the transponder keys, cards or stickers via the graphical interface on the corresponding software solution PIT Transponder Manager (PTM).
- With preconfigured templates, individual user permissions can be written to the RFID transponder in a few steps.
- An import function enables information to be read quickly and directly into the integrated database, saving the administrator time.
- If a company uses several readers and PITreader, these are organized using the User Authentication Service (UAS) software tool.
PITreader card units can be used efficiently in combination with the configurable small controller PNOZ or the automation system PSS4000 from Pilz for control of access permissions and safe operating mode selection. Thus, the complete solution contributes towards greater safety and security in the widest range of processes.
For more information, visit https://www.pilz.com/en-INT/products/operating-and-monitoring/control-and-signal-devices/pitmode-operating-mode-selector-switch.