AC Series Air Cylinders from Fujikura (Schaumburg, IL) are uniquely constructed for abrasion-free, smooth movement that results in accurate and long-term operation. A bed of air surrounds the piston rod and prevents contact with the air bearing. Operating with zero friction, the AC Series achieves precise control. In fact, the AC Series’ precise pressure control is not possible with conventional cylinders. Other benefits include:
- A non–contact structure that eliminates dust generation for reduced wear.
- The industry’s widest range of cylinder sizes. Standard cylinder diameters range from 0.39 – 3.93 in. Standard strokes range from 0.79 – 6.30 in. Custom and larger cylinders are available from Fujikura on request and based on customer requirements.
- Bearings made of metal material, but Fujikura can manufacture them using materials other than carbon as needed. Orders in quantities as few as one cylinder are accepted.
- The ability to operate with extremely low hysteresis. Single action (push) and double action styles are available.
- Working temperatures range from 32 – 140ºF and working pressure ranges from 1.5 – 87 psi.
AC Series Cylinder applications include polishing machines, surface mounting equipment, high precision machines and other equipment that requires precision tension control.