ITW Vortec (Cincinnati, OH) offers their ProtEX Vortex A/C enclosure cooler, which was recently granted certification for Class I, Division 1, Groups A, B, C and D; Class II, Division 1, Groups F and G; and Class III following UL review. Additional features of the enclosures include:
- 900 to 5,000 BTU/hour cooling capacity.
- Quieter, 62 dBA operational noise levels.
- Requires no wiring and, according to the company, can be installed in under five minutes.
- A mechanical thermostat that turns the cooling on only when necessary to help cut energy costs.
- A new filter with a pressure drop indicator that alerts you when the filter needs to be changed.
- A smaller footprint for use in confined areas.