SPIROL (Danielson, CT) has announced the redesigned Mark VI controller for its Series 2000 High Performance Feed Systems. The Mark VI Controller introduces a 7” touchscreen display with 50 recipe storage capacity and Ethernet interface for remote access and control. According to SPIROL, the Mark VI is unique when compared to conventional feeder controls because it monitors the operation of the Series 2000 feed system and continuously adjusts the output drive frequency to match the natural resonant frequency of the drive unit. The controller automatically adjusts the power level and synchronizes it with the two independent axes of motion within the drive unit to achieve maximum feeding efficiency. Enhanced features include:
- A USB receptacle, providing access for firmware updates while in the field.
- An Ethernet connection for remote web browser access with full functionality.
- An input port and cable, which allows for remote stop/run, track sense on/off, vertical inhibit which will idle the bowl, and feed direction reversal of the S2000 Drive.
Elliptical bowl motion generated by the coordination of the two axes of motion provides the following benefits:
- Smoother, gentler feeding eliminates damage and significantly reduces noise levels.
- Consistent part per minute feed rate.
- Bowl interchangeability on one drive unit without the need for mechanical tuning.
- Ability to discharge all product from the bowl to accommodate small batch runs.
- High speeds, up to 2.5X conventional system rates.
This system is ideal for fragile, tactile, and slippery parts.