Mill-Max (Oyster Bay, NY) has a new ruggedized long stroke 4 mm pitch spring-loaded connector (SLC) that is aimed at tough applications in rough environments. The new 858 series are ideal for applications where the connector will experience side loading, great variation in vertical engagement, high levels of shock and vibration, high cycle counts and extremes of temperature. Additional features include:
- Heavy-duty spring pins with 0.050" (1.27 mm) diameter plungers that resist bending during the application of side loads.
- A gold-plated stainless steel spring that ensures reliable operation over 1 million cycles at temperatures up to 125 °C.
- Each spring pin is rated for 9 amps and contact resistance of less than 20 mili-ohms ensures temperature rises do not exceed 10°C.
- Available in through-hole, SMT and SMT with alignment pin versions.
- A molded Nylon 46 housing that is compatible with RoHS soldering processes.
For more information, visit www.mill-max.com/PR676.