Excelitas Technologies (Waltham, MA) has introduced the 1X4 Pulsed Laser Diode Array for LiDAR applications. The new laser array combines multi-cavity laser chip technology with small form-factor surface mount device (SMD) packaging for applications requiring high reliability, such as autonomous vehicles and drones. Additional features include:
- A linear configuration that enables each pixel to be situated in close proximity to its neighbor – minimizing space requirements in the assembly.
- Compatibility with SMD pick-and-place and reflow soldering equipment.
- Each laser pixel can have up to four emitting stripes, enabling per-channel optical power levels in excess of 85 W for long-range detection with minimal power consumption.
- The ability to sustain large reverse voltage levels, with rise times of less than 5 ns.
- The ability to customize the number of elements, element spacing, stripe width, channel power output and package footprint.
Excelitas Technologies (Booth #1423) will debut the1X4 Pulsed Laser Diode Array will debut at Photonics West in San Francisco, CA, which is held January 31, 2017 to February 2, 2017.
For more information, visit www.excelitas.com.