Yaskawa America, Inc. (Waukegan, IL) is introducing i3 Control (“iCube” Control), their new single control technology. iCube Control debuted in the European market earlier this year and is now being introduced in North America. This breakthrough open system platform consolidates a variety of automation controls into one centralized controller, allowing for seamless and secure collaboration by teams across different locations. iCube Control, which combines powerful, modular hardware with a flexible software infrastructure, is easily scalable and fully customizable to meet the individual needs of its users.
This machine control platform includes five powerful elements:
- i³ MC, a machine controller for motion, logic, kinematics, safety and more.
- i³ Engineer, which promotes multi-location collaboration by providing a single environment for motion, logic and safety programming.
- i³ Data, a dedicated control module for real-time data acquisition, processing, communication and feedback.
- i³ Web, a secure web-based management platform.
- i³ Kinematics, which delivers integrated control and safety for Delta, SCARA, 6-axis, Gantry and customer-specific mechanisms.