Big Ass Fans (Lexington, KY) has announced the launch of its latest product, Hornet. The Big Ass Fans Hornet is purpose-built to produce increased energy efficiency, improve air mixing and provide superior comfort to your most demanding applications.
Ideal for congested areas and heavily obstructed environments, such as racking aisles and work stations, the Big Ass Fans Hornet can hang where high-volume low-speed (HVLS) fans and other methods of heat distribution aren’t feasible.
Features include the following:
- With its ability to produce up to 6000 CFM per unit, Hornet is the most powerful, most efficient, and most versatile destrat fan on the market, according to the company. This means it takes fewer Hornets to get the job done - thus, lower energy costs, lower upfront costs and lower installation costs.
- Proven durability and performance – Outfitted with an IP55-rated motor and a heavy-gauge steel frame and lower guard, Hornet was designed specifically for extreme industrial environments.
- Industry-leading safety features that have become the hallmark of Big Ass Fans.
- Smarter, more versatile control options that allow easy integration into existing automation systems or operation of multiple units from a single controller.
- A cooling effect – Hornet has the capacity to run at elevated speeds, which offers a cooling effect during the warmer months if desired.
- Devices like Hornet, especially when coupled with HVLS fans, can reduce HVAC costs by up to 30%.