Introducing the ESZ Electric Belt-Driven Linear Actuator from PHD, Inc. (Fort Wayne, IN), specifically designed for vertical cantilever applications wherein the motor remains stationary, which reduces the moving mass and allows for easier cable management. However, its versatility extends to horizontal applications with various configurations as well.
The Series ESZ Linear Actuators feature a robust, enclosed design with a high-capacity rail-bearing system delivering exceptional moment and load capability. Available in two sizes, with travel lengths up to 2,000 mm for fixed saddle applications and 5,500 mm for fixed base applications, the ESZ can be combined with Series ESU and other PHD actuators to create virtually any system to meet your Cartesian robot needs. The flexibility of “Your Motor, Your Way” provides the freedom to use familiar motors and controls, making these user-friendly solutions.
Benefits include the following:
- Integrated shaft coupling allows for a rigid connection and zero backlash.
- Maximum speed 5000 mm/s, acceleration 50 m/s2.
- Superior HTD8 steel-reinforced polyurethane belt for uniform load distribution, precise tooth engagement, and improved performance.
- Rigid construction for a wide range of applications.
- High degree of repeatability.
- Dual saddle option enables higher load/moment loading capabilities.
- A model with two independently driven saddles is available for gripping/pick and place applications.