Festo (Hauppauge, NY) offers their Multi-Carrier System. Co-developed with Siemens, it enables independent routing of one or more packages through the transport system. Additional features include:
- Designed for mass customization and contract manufacturers producing varied batch sizes of different products.
- Each transport carrier can move freely and independently from all other carriers.
- Carriers can be positioned with a repeatability of 50 microns. The carriers are moved collision-free and can be transported at constant velocity along the track. All this can be accomplished with zero changeover time.
- Independent and synchronous motion of carriers for grouping, separating, and rejoining.
- Linear motors drive the transport carriers and provide more precise positioning.
- A Siemens controller provides full integration of the control and motion control functions for the overall conveying system.
https://www.festo.us; (800) 993-3786