The two component epoxy EP88FL from Master Bond (Hackensack, NJ) is a highly flexible, optically clear compound formulated for bonding, coating, sealing, potting and encapsulation. It is easy to use, with a mixing ratio of one to one by weight or volume. Specifically:
- EP88FL withstands thermal cycling and shock.
- It is ideal in applications where stress relief is needed with a tensile modulus ranging from 10,000 psi to 20,000 psi.
- This system provides an elongation of 30-50% and bonds well to a wide variety of substrates such as metals, ceramics, plastics and glass.
- Despite curing with a good degree of flexibility, it cannot be considered soft since it has a Shore D hardness between 45-55 at 75°F.
- The refractive index is 1.51 at 589 nm, making the system relevant for applications in optics, opto-electronics, aerospace and OEM.
- The mixed viscosity of EP88FL is 800-1,200 cps at room temperature, and its working life is 20-30 minutes for a 100 gram batch.