Ceramabond 503, a new high temperature ceramic adhesive formulated by Aremco Products, Inc. (Valley Cottage, NY), is now used to bond aluminum oxide ceramics for a wide variety of high temperature applications to 3,200 degrees F. Ceramabond 503 is an inorganic, water-dispersed, aluminum oxide (alumina) filled adhesive that is ideal for bonding alumina ceramics. Additional features include:
- Easy application by brush, spatula or syringe.
- Full curing in 1-2 hours at 700 degrees F.
- Mechanical strength that continues to improve, with increases in temperature and tensile-shear strength of 900 psi which can be achieved by curing further at 1,000 degrees F.
- An inert, chemically resistant formula that will not outgas in ultra high vacuum (UHV).
- An exceptional electrical insulator providing a volume resistivity of 109 ohms-cm and dielectric strength of 250 volts/mil.