Trelleborg Sealing Solutions (Fort Wayne, IN) announces its new Ethylene Propylene Diene Rubber (EPDM) compound, Turel® E7Y30. The sealing material has been specifically engineered to meet global potable water regulations NSF/ANSI 61 and to provide effective, automated assembly of seals. Features include:
- A hardness of 70 durometers.
- Avoids high elongation in automated assembly processes.
- Provides reduced friction, which leads to reduced abrasive wear and increased life.
- Tested and approved for installation in end-point devices intended to dispense water for human ingestion (NSF/ANSI 61 Section 9).
- An ideal material for products manufactured using automated assembly methods in end-use potable water applications, such as faucets, valves, water heaters, ice makers, pumps, filters, meters, and fittings.
- Chloramine and chlorine resistance.
- The ability to be supplied in various seal types, such as O-Rings, square rings, and gaskets.
For more information, visit www.tss.trelleborg.com; or call 260-482-4050.