Honeywell (Houston, TX) offers their cloud-based simulation tool that combines augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) for training plant personnel. Honeywell feels this could offer a solution to the ongoing struggles arising from the increasing number of plant maintenance retirees. Additional features include:
- Integrated data analytics.
- An interactive environment for on-the-job training.
- Leverages Microsoft’s HoloLens, a self-contained holographic computer, and Windows Mixed Reality headsets.
- Simulated scenarios can include primary failure and switchovers and cable and power supply failures.
- According to Honeywell, these tools can improve skill retention by up to 100 percent versus traditional training methods, and reduces the length of technical training by up to 150 percent.