BinMaster’s SmartBob works like an automated tape measure but without bin climbing.
It’s also known as a plumb bob, bin bob, or weight and cable sensor.
It takes measurements at programmed time intervals such as once an hour or twice a day.
SmartBob drops a weighted cable to the material surface … retracts … and converts pulses to a measurement.
It’s used in industrial plants to
- Measure solids, powders, or liquids
- In bins up to 150 feet tall
- With an accuracy of ± 0.25% (read with accuracy within one-quarter of one percent)
SmartBob measurements can be easily accessed from
- The BinCloud phone app
- Cloud-based Agriview, BinView, CementView, FeedView, or ResinView software
- Binventory software installed on a local network
- A C-100 display console for monitoring multiple bins
- Or a digital panel meter mounted at the base of the bin
SmartBob is built for long-term performance
- It installs using a 3” NPT mounting plate
- It’s protected in a NEMA 4X, 5, 9, and 12 enclosure
- And is certified to Class II, Groups E, F & G
SmartBob has great options like
- Measuring sediment or submersed solids in brine tanks
- Analog output with on-board programming
- Side mounting when top mounting isn’t feasible
- MultiBob when you need multiple measurements in a bin
- Or can be used in high temperatures using a standpipe
Plus you can customize your SmartBob installation with
- Angled mounting plates for sloped bin roofs
- Wireless gateways and transceivers to reduce installation costs
- Cable options like stainless steel, Teflon coated, or FDA-approved
- And a variety of bobs suited to solids, powders, or liquids