Rockwell Automation (Milwaukee, WI) offers the latest update to their Studio 5000 design software platform. Features include:
- CIP Security support to protect industrial communications.
- An AutomationML open data exchange that allows the application to exchange data with other engineering tools.
- A new Simulation Interface that uses the Functional Mock-Up Interface standard to allow data exchange with modeling software in virtually testing machines.
- New support for 64-bit math in the software will allow engineers to be more precise in their calculations.
- Logix tag-based alarms for new instructions and alarm visibility for faster troubleshooting.
- New library links allow for the auto-creation of parent-child objects in design projects, linking complimentary systems or components. Library artifacts also allow engineers to add more content to library objects, such as user documentation.
- Expanded integration of the Application Code Manager tool allows for access from third-party design software.