Boothroyd Dewhurst (Wakefield, RI), the developer of Design for Manufacture and Assembly software, has released DFMA 2019 with features and capabilities that include:
- Analyzing parts and assemblies to reduce part count and control.
- Assessing part-assembly strategies, benchmarking existing and competitor products and adding structure design reviews to help improve decision making.
- A question-and-answer interface that identifies opportunities for cost reductions.
- New CAD calculators allow users to utilize more cost driver information directly from a 3D model. Over 200 data inputs across 27 process groups and over 100 machining operations are included.
- New graphical windows, charts and reports make comparisons between legacy designs and new concepts easier to analyze. Parts and assemblies can all be compared for time and labor, along with costs, manufacturing tools and assembly processes.