Tech Soft 3D (Bend, OR) today announced that its HOOPS Exchange data access software development toolkit can be licensed directly through Siemens’ product lifecycle management (PLM) software business. This agreement follows a May 2015 announcement regarding the integration between Siemens’ Parasolid® software and Tech Soft 3D’s HOOPS Exchange technology to help developers enhance data re-use by providing comprehensive access to a broad range of CAD formats.
The expanded agreement gives Parasolid users another channel to conveniently license the complementary toolkits through a single source. Both toolkits are also available directly from Tech Soft 3D.
Development teams who license the integrated technologies together could see the following benefits:
- Models of any supported format are loaded into Parasolid through a single API.
- Many leading engineering applications, including NX™ software, Solid Edge® software, SolidWorks® and many others, are based on Parasolid. Those that leverage Parasolid and HOOPS Exchange together can have geometry natively imported without any kind of translation, so data remains pristine.
- For applications not based on Parasolid, the integration uses advanced functionality within Parasolid to map the CAD data format to a valid Parasolid model, for resolution of issues such as inconsistent tolerances, sliver faces and geometric discontinuities.
- The complete model definition is imported, preserved and associatively accessible to the Parasolid geometry, including PMI (both visual and semantic), GD&T, product structure, tessellation (facets) and more.
- All Tech Soft 3D toolkits are purpose-built with integrations that further optimize the development experience. Its data access, visualization and 3D PDF publishing SDKs integrate together and with modeling kernels to leverage additional efficiencies and deliver unmatched performance, power and speed for cloud, desktop and mobile applications.