Siemens (Munich, Germany) announced Version 18 of TIA Portal, which boosts engineering efficiency with optimized functionalities for multi-user engineering, allowing users to work in teams and parallel on projects and build and manage shared libraries.
In addition, access rights can be assigned individually or by group, making collaboration more flexible.
Siemens is also integrating Simatic Automation Xpansion (Simatic AX):
- Familiar development environment based on Visual Studio Code and version control via GitLab
- Object-oriented libraries can be created in Structured Text and integrated
- OT and IT users can use the engineering platform without reskilling
Version 18 of TIA Portal offers:
- Simple and holistic engineering of 5D/6D kinematics, enabling motion control functions across six interpolating axes
- Allows companies to expand, convert or modify production facilities - without interfering with running systems
- Extended scope for TIA Portal and Simatic controllers with the Simatic S7-1500 and the Simatic ET 200SP, providing higher computing and communication performance and supporting R1 redundancy
- Ensures maximum availability of applications and helps solve future automation challenges
In addition, the R1 redundancy can be quickly and flexibly integrated into existing networks with no programming effort.
The new hardware also supports the latest security standards, with the Version 18 release focusing on state-of-the-art security improvements.