Novotechnik U.S. (Southborough, MA) announces the SP2800 Auto-Sport Series of rotary sensors for angle measurement. These sensors were developed for auto racing and other demanding applications. Key specifications for SP2800 Auto Sport include 20 models covering measurement ranges of 0 to 100°, 130°, 308°, 345° or 350°. Specifically:
- There is also a redundant version with a 100° range. These ranges were specifically selected for sequential gearbox, steering angle, throttle and suspension measurement applications.
- Repeatability is 0.01%; linearity is to 0.3 % depending on model.
- The SP2800 Auto-Sport Series is hermetically sealed, without any moving seals, to IP67 and provides long life of ≥ 50 million cycles even in water, dust and oil environments.
- They can be ordered with plastic or aluminum housings.
- Temperature drift is 5 ppm/K.
- They have compact designs of 1.1 inch diameter.